Yahoo! is a popular email Domain hosting Company with billions of users. One of the stressful thing about having lots of unread mails on your inbox, is the time to differentiate between important mails and non important ones. As a result of having lots of unread mails one might mistakenly over look important mail thinking it wasn’t important due to untidy inbox. Also this can make one not to concentrate on a particular conversation.
This article will assist you on how you can redirect irrelevant mails or unwanted mails to a different folder meaning that, one can actually stop certain incoming mail from hitting the inbox but rather moved to another folder in the mail box. With this, you will have a neat and clean inbox
Here is how to keep your inbox clean and filtered from unwanted mails
This will be brief and easy.
Firstly: Filter mails through Settings
- Open your Yahoo! mail box locate settings, on it click “FILTERS”
- A new interface will come up, on it click on “ADD”
- On the new page, choose any name you will use to remember the filter and type it on the box for filter name. An example is given below;
Let’s say I want to filter an email like firstname.lastname@example.org , I might decide to name or number my filter list. Here I will use number for filter name (1).
- After filter name then choose a criteria or condition that the incoming mail will meet in other to be filtered. This means what the mail will contain and where it will have such content. As you can see “from” , “To/cc”, “subject”, “Body”. Now I typed email@example.com and It must be seen on “from”
- Lastly select where you want the mail to be redirected to then click save button. Secondly : Filter mails directly by Right clicking on the exact senderThis is a more easier step
- On your inbox where you have list of mails from different addresses, just Right click anywhere on that particular mail you don’t want to redirect from coming into your Inbox.
- An option will be provided. Locate and click “filter emails like this”
- The filter page will come up with all settings already done. Just select the location where you wish to redirect that particular mail and click save.
ALSO SEE : How To Filter Emails in Gmail
Feel free to comment below to share your experience and challenges