Ask.fm is a free app and website that allows users to post anonymous comments and questions to a person’s profile. You can sign up by creating an account through Ask.fm or sign in using a Facebook or Twitter account. The app makes it easy to share content on other social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. Users have the option of cross-posting questions and answers on their Facebook and Twitter feeds and even operate the Ask.fm app from within Facebook.
Ask.fm is an app that allows users ask questions to any person with the choice of being anonymous or as an identified user. Although many individuals use ask.fm to entertain themselves, critics say that it can simply be used as a platform for cyberbullying. Nonetheless, according to its developers, ask.fm is a beneficial social tool because it enables people to find out what others think about them and build upon weaknesses after learning constructive criticism through the obscurity of the site.
Register Ask.fm Registration
- Go to www.ask.fm using your PC or mobile browser.
- Fill the form that will appear on the screen.
- Type in your username, email address, password, date of birth, Full names and your language.
- Then click on the “Sign up button”.
- Finally, you can login to your account and start asking your questions and getting the answers in return. You can also answer other peoples own.
How To Download Ask.fm Apps On Your Mobile
Click on the following link below to download your Ask.fm App on your Android and iPhone.
Download ASKfm for Android
Download ASKfm for iPhone
The Disadvantages Of Ask.fm
The main concern with Ask.fm is the anonymous content and that there is no monitoring by Ask.fm. Since the site is allows for anonymous, unmonitored content, it is increasingly being used for cyberbullying, sexualized content, and other abuses. The easy integration with Facebook and Twitter make the content extremely easy to access.
Let’s be honest, with an underdeveloped frontal cortex lobe which results in impulse control issues, most kids and teens (and yes, even some adults) have impulse control issues. Apps like this do not generally result in positive interactions.
How To Block Users On Ask.fm
To block users on Ask.fm, you need to go to the privacy setting select from different setting options to make the account less accessible and less anonymous. You can choose:
- To not get anonymous questions
- What email notifications you will get
- For your answers to be private so that do not show up on the “Stream”
- To curate “Blacklist” of blocked users who are prevented from asking you a question
To block a user
- Go to the right hand side of each question
- Click on the small block symbol
- Choose your reason for blocking
- Click the Block button
Once blocked you will not get questions from that person. However, even if a user is blocked that person can still access your profile and view other interactions. Users can also remove questions on their profile by clicking on the cross in the top right hand corner.
Additionally, you can make reports of inappropriate content even if you are not a user. If you move your mouse over a post on a profile, there is an option to click on a drop down arrow which allows you to report a post for four different reasons: spam or scam, hate speech, violence, and pornographic content.
Was this helpful? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.