City of Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida. It is the seat of Duval County, with which the city government consolidated in 1968. Jacksonville is centered on the banks of the St. Johns River in the First Coast region of northeast Florida, about 25 miles (40 km) south of the Georgia state line and 328 miles (528 km) north of Miami.
It is home to the University of North Florida, the city of Jacksonville, Florida began to grow in the late 18th century as Cow Ford, settled by British colonists. Its major development occurred in the late nineteenth century, when it became a winter vacation destination for tourists from the North and Midwest.
Its development was halted or slowed by the Great Fire of 1901, the Florida Land Bust of the 1920s, and the economic woes of the 1960s and 70s.
Since the late 20th century, the city has experienced steady growth, with a new federal building constructed in downtown in 2003. As a resident of Jacksonville city, you can easily access City of Jacksonville Services Online by visiting www.coj.net, provided that you have access to internet connection.
You can also request Jacksonville citizen services online. Once you have requested for their service, you can now choose the service which you want. Such services include:
Services Which You Can Apply For In City Of Jacksonville Website
- Applying for a fishing licence
- Applying for event permit
- To pay for a license
- To Apply for housing assistance
- Paying an ambulance bill
- Paying a parking ticket and paying city taxes
How To Access City Jacksonville Services Online
- Visit www.coj.net
- On the menu, you will see links such as Government, Living, Business, Visitors, Transparency and Online Services.
- Then click on Online Services link.
- Click on the particular link which you are interested in.
How To Contact City Of Jacksonville Customer Services: Disaster Recovery Resources
FEMA- If your property is damaged by Hurricane Irma, then contact Fema at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362); TTY 1-800-462-7585; www.fema.gov; www.disasterassistance.gov
Food & Shelter
- Food Resources- For food pntry locations, call 1-904-630-CITY or 2-1-1.
- American Red Cross- 1-800-768-8048 (toll free) and 1-904-358-8091 (local) – for shelter info| www.redcross.or/local/florida/north-florida/local-chapters/northeast-florida
- Prime Osborn Convention Center (1000 Water St.-32204): Open for the general public to cool off. It has access to internet and charging stations. 9am-9pm through September 17th.
- Shelters- For the most recent updated information on shelters, call 1-904-630-CITY or 2-1-1.
- Salvation Army- 1-904-356-8641- for shelter and food / www.salvationarmyusa.org
Was this helpful? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.