Gmail is a free Web-based e-mail service currently being tested at Google that provides users with a gigabyte of storage for messages and provides the ability to search for specific messages. The Gmail program also automatically organizes successively related messages into a conversational thread.
Gmail fans often cite great spam protection as a key reason as to why they love Gmail. It’s relatively easy to catch spam messages; the challenge is to catch the right messages without blocking mail that you want along the way.
According to Google co-founder and president Larry Page, the company was inspired to create Gmail because of a user’s letter complaining about problems with existing Web e-mail services, such as the constant need to delete messages to stay within storage limits, and the lack of any searching ability.
The two largest Web e-mail providers, Yahoo and Microsoft, allow users four megabytes and two megabytes, respectively, for storing messages. Both services charge a fee for additional storage. Yahoo Mail provides a search capability; Microsoft’s Hotmail service does not.
Gmail is an extremely popular email service provided by Google. In order to create a Gmail account, you actually must sign up for a Google account. This account will give you access to the Google Suite.
How To Gmail Account
- Go to the Google Account Creation Page www.gmail.com
- Enter your first and last name.
- Choose a username for your account.If you prefer to use an existing email address, choose the I prefer to use my current email address option located below the username field. Be aware that the username you choose will be the name that others see if you choose to use other Google services like YouTube or Google Docs.
- Enter a password. Type the password again to confirm it is accurate.Choose a strong password to keep your account protected. It is recommended that you use alternate characters and a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Enter the month, day, and year of your birthday in the specified fields.
- Choose a gender option.You must make a choice here. You can choose the Rather not say option if you do not want to be identified by your gender.
- Provide your mobile phone number.
- If your country is not accurate, select the flag in the left corner of this field to choose the correct country.
- Type in your current email address in the field provided.
- Choose your location from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Next Step button.Google provides its Terms of Service. You must agree to the terms to continue creating your account.
- After reviewing, select the I Agree button.You will see the Verify Account page.
- Provide your phone number and select your preferred method of contact.You will receive a code via text message or phone call.
- Enter the code in the box provided. Select the Continue button. You now have a Google account! Google will be automatically directed to the My Accounts page.
- From the My Accounts page, choose the Gmail icon from the top of the page or from the apps menu in the upper right corner. Google provides a series of instructions for your Gmail account.
- Choose the Next button until you reach the end of the instructions.
- On the final screen, select the Go to Gmail button. You will be taken to your Gmail account.
- Congratulations! Your Gmail account is ready for use.
Do you have anything to add to this article? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.