If your instagram account has been hacked, then you do not need to be worried because you can still recover your instagram account with the steps below. After you must recovered your instagram account, their is also a write up below this article on how you can secure your Instagram account and prevent the account being hacked.
Steps To Recover Hacked Instagram Account
- If you are not able to log in your Instagram account.
- Go to the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- On the login screen, tap “Get help signing in” below Log In.
Steps To Recover Instagram Account On iOS
- Enter your username or email.
- Tap Other issues? below Send Login Link, then follow the on-screen instructions to rectify the issue.
- Once you have got back your account, you can start posting and as well go live on Instagram once more.
How To Recover Instagram Account On Android
- Go to the Instagram App on your phone.
- Enter your username or email at the login page.
- Click in the top right.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions.
How To Report Hacked Instagram Account
- Login to https://help.instagram.com/
- Go to Instagram Report Center, click on the “Privacy and Safety Center” option at the left side of the page.
- Click on “Hacked Accounts” on the list that will be displayed.
- Select “I think my account has been hacked”, three options will be given : Change your password, Revoke access to third-party apps and then Turn on two-factor authentication.
Things You Need To Do To Keep Your Instagram Account Safe – Secure Instagram Account
- Pick a strong password. Use a combination of at least six numbers, letters and punctuation marks (like ! and &). It should be different from other passwords you use elsewhere on the internet.
- Change your password regularly, especially if you see a message from Instagram asking you to do so.
- Never give your password to someone you don’t know and trust.
- Turn on two-factor authentication for additional account security.
- Make sure your email account is secure. Anyone who can read your email can probably also access your Instagram account.
- Change the passwords for all of your email accounts and make sure that no two are the same.
- Log out of Instagram when you use a computer or phone you share with other people. Don’t check the “Remember Me” box when logging in from a public computer, as this will keep you logged in even after you close the browser window.
- Think before you authorize any third-party app.
Was this helpful? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.