Telegram’s core functionality is the same as most other messaging apps: You can message other Telegram users, create group conversations, call contacts, and send files and stickers.
Telegram is a multi-platform messaging service founded by Russian entrepreneur Pavel Durov. It rolled out for Android in Alpha on October 20, 2013, and now has an estimated 200 million monthly users.
Features Of Telegram
Telegram comes with some customization options absent from many of its competitors where you can choose the dominant app color, how Telegram opens links, whether or not the UI shows animations, and more. Telegram also features a chatbot integration where you can make use of and even create chatbots to improve the experience; here’s a list of some of the best ones.
- Self-destruct timers
If you don’t want messages in your secret chats to hang around forever, Telegram lets you set self-destruct timers to permanently remove them. After a message is received, it remains in the chat for a predetermined period — you can choose times between one second and one week – before disappearing.
- Secret chats
The aforementioned secret chats are where you can take part in end-to-end encrypted messaging with a contact. But that’s not its only benefit: Secret chats also doesn’t allow a person forward messages from there or take screenshots. Of course, someone could take a picture of the screen with another device, but it’s still discouraged, and it’s bolstered by another feature: self-destruct timers.
You’ll have to be especially concerned with privacy to want to do this — it means you’ll never have a chat log — nonetheless, it’s a nice option that Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and WeChat don’t have.
- Large file size limit
If you want to send big files, Telegram has much of the competition beat with support for up to 1.5GB files. Meanwhile, WhatsApp’s limit is 100MB, WeChat’s limit is 100MB, and Skype’s limit is also 100MB.
How To Register Telegram Account On Mobile Devices
- Go to telegram.org
- Select your device platform. Telegram is available almost for all platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows PC, Linux, MacOS including web version in case you want to use the Telegram on PC or Mac without downloading the application.
- After downloading the Telegram App, open it.
- To sign up for telegram tap on Start Messaging button.
- Now Choose your country.
- And in the second column enter the phone number with which you want to register your Telegram account.
- After choosing the country and entering the phone number tap on the Tick icon given on the right top corner of the app.
- The Telegram to verify your number will SMS a Verification code on the number which you entered to register the Telegram.
- Enter the Verification code in the Phone verification screen in the Code column.
- After successfully verified the phone number, its time to setup Telegram account. Enter your First and Last name.
- Telegram account has been created; to start chatting just tap on the pencil icon given at extreme bottom right.
Do you have anything to add to this article? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.