Virtual Private Network is programming that creates a safe and encrypted connection over a less secure network such as the public internet. The VPN client from your VPN service encrypts your databefore your internet Service provider or the coffee shop WiFi provider sees it.
How To Set Up VPN On Linux
- Open activities overview and type Network.
- Then click on Network.
- Below the list on the left, click on the “+” icon to add a new connection.
- Select VPN in the interface that comes up.
- Select the kind of VPN connection anf fill the required details.
- Click Add once you are done.
- Open the system menu at the right side of the top bar after the setup is complete.
- Lastly, click on VPN and select Connect.
How To Set Up VPN On Windows 10
- Click on the Cortana search bar below.
- Type in VPN.
- Click on the result that says Change virtual private networks (VPN).
- Or you can go to settings then to Network, Internet and click on VPN in the left menu.
- Click on Add a VPN connection.
- Then change the VPN Provider section to Windows (built-in).
- Fill out the rest of the form the information that is available from the network administrator or VPN service provider.
- Click on the Wi-fi icon in the system tray to connect to the VPN and select VPN connection you have created.
How To Set Up VPN On Mac
- First, click on the Apple menu that is Apple icon.
- Go to System preference.
- Click on Network.
- Click on the “+” icon in the list which is found on the left side of the Network page.
- Click on the Interface menu that pops up.
- Select VPN.
- Then go through the different sections and add the necessary information.
- Select VPN Type, VPN protocol and a name and then click on “Create”.
- Enter the server address, authentication, login info and any other settings that the network administrator might have given.
- Click on Apply and select Ok.
- For you to connect to VPN, go to System Preferences, then to Network.
- Click on VPN service name and click on Connect.
- Or you can select Show VPN status menu bar and use the VPN status icon to quickly connect to the VPN network.
Do you have anything to add to this article? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.