Bitmoji is a secondary social media app that people use to create little cartoon versions of themselves, which they then use on their various social media accounts. It’s a very simple service: You simply create an avatar of yourself, and assemble various comics, GIFs, expressions, and reactions that use this avatar. Then, when you are communicating with someone in a chat or email, you can use your Bitmoji to express yourself.
Over time, Bitmoji have become popular with people who are tired of the generalized emojis available on their apps, and want something more interesting and personal. The company provides various updates and themes, like special options for sports events or holidays, that you can occasionally switch between as you desire. Otherwise, part of the charm is the simple focus — this is Bitmoji’s only service, and there are very few add-ons.
Snapchat is rolling out a new feature called ‘Mix and Match’ that will allow users to customise the look of their Bitmojis. To push more users to adopt the new feature, the company is also running a ‘Bitmoji Merch Sale’ that offers 20 percent off on purchases of real-world Bitmoji merchandise.
Mix and Match allows you to individually select clothing items on Bitmojis or the virtual avatars. This means you can customise the colours of tops, bottoms, footwear, socks, and outerwear of your Bitmoji. All the custom outfits that you create will be stored in your closet that can be equipped at any time in the future. Snapchat says that there are about a billion options of items to choose from and it will continue to multiply.
You can customise your outfits using Mix and Match from either the Bitmoji app or within Snapchat. Inside the Bitmoji app, you will find new icons for all clothing items after tapping the fashion icon that opens the ‘Avatar Designer’. In Snapchat, when you tap on your profile icon, you will find ‘Change Outfit’ inside the ‘Bitmoji’ option. This opens the ‘Avatar Designer’ and you can continue to tweak your favourite outfits. Snapchat is also running a sale for Bitmoji merchandise, offering up to 20 percent off on purchases. The items include t-shirts, mugs, and more items. Mix and Match is currently rolling out for Android and iOS users worldwide.
How To Use Bitmoji | Steps To Create Bitmoji
- Open the Bitmoji app. It’s the green icon with a white winking chat bubble on the home screen or in the app drawer.
- This method will delete your current Bitmoji so you can create a new one. It’s not possible to have two Bitmoji avatars connected to one account.
- If you’re new to Bitmoji, see How to Use Bitmoji.
- Click on the gear icon found at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on Reset Avatar and a confirmation message will appear.
- Click OK to confirm and You’ll be redirected to the gender selection screen so you can start anew.
- Select a gender and You won’t be able to change this later without resetting your account.
- Select a Bitmoji style. Choose a Bitmoji or Bitstrips Style avatar. Here’s the difference between the two:
Bitmoji-style is simpler and more cartoonish.
- Bitstrips-style has more customization options and looks a little bit more realistic.
- Customize your Bitmoji’s face and hair. As you tap through features, the preview of your avatar will update. Tap the arrow at the top-right corner of the screen to continue through options until you reach the “Save and Pick Outfit” screen.
- Click Save and Pick Outfit.
- Select an outfit by Tapping an outfit will display a preview of your avatar wearing that outfit.
- Click the checkmark at the top-right corner of the screen to save your character. Your new Bitmoji is ready to use.
Do you have anything to add to this article? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.