Like most social media apps, Instagram allows you to follow users that you’re interested in. This creates a feed on the homepage showing recent posts from everyone you follow. You can Like posts and comment on them.
Instagram is a free social networking service built around sharing photos and videos. It launched in October 2010 on iOS first, and became available on Android in April 2012. Facebook purchased the service in April 2012 and has owned it since.In addition to posting normal photos and videos, which stay on your page permanently, Instagram also supports Stories. If you’ve used Snapchat, you’ll be familiar with these. Stories allow you to post one or more photos and video clips in a series.
Anyone can view these for 24 hours, after which they expire. Aside from this, Instagram also supports direct messaging so you can chat with friends in private. You can also explore profiles to see what else you might have interest in. We’ll show you how all this works below.
How To create an Instagram account from the app:
- Download the Instagram app from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
- Tap Sign Up With Email or Phone Number (Android) or Create New Account (iPhone), then enter your email address or phone number (which will require a confirmation code) and tap Next. You can also tap Login with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with your email or phone number, create a username and password, fill out your profile info and then tap Done. If you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.
How To create an Instagram account from a computer:
- Go to instagram.com.
- Enter your email address, create a username and password or click Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with an email, click Sign up. If you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.
- If you sign up with email, make sure you enter your email address correctly and choose an email address that only you can access. If you log out and forget your password, you’ll need to be able to access your email to get back into your Instagram account.
How To Update Instagram Profile
To update your profile information, including your username and email address associated with your account:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- Type in your information and tap Done (iPhone), (Android) or Submit (computer and mobile browser).
NB: Some profile information isn’t visible to anyone but you. This includes your email address, phone number and gender.
Do you have anything to add to this article? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.