Snapchat is a popular messaging app that lets users exchange pictures and videos (called snaps) that are meant to disappear after they’re viewed. It’s advertised as a “new type of camera” because the essential function is to take a picture or video, add filters, lenses or other effects and share them with friends. If you have tweens or teens, you know about Snapchat.
And if you can’t figure out how it works, you’re probably over 25. One of the most popular social media apps out there, Snapchat gives kids and teens what they really want: a simple way to share everyday moments while simultaneously making them look awesome.
And unlike Facebook and Twitter, which record and broadcast everything you do, Snapchat uses messages that are meant to disappear (learn more about how they actually don’t). Like so many social media apps, Snapchat is a mixed bag, so it’s a good idea to understand how it works, how your kids use it and how much time they spend on it so you can make sure their experiences are positive.
In addition to letting you connect with and follow friends, Snapchat offers a lot more cool stuff: games, news and entertainment, quizzes and truly innovative photo- and video-editing tools (so innovative, in fact, it’s nearly impossible for grown-ups to figure them out—another reason kids love it).
Something about snapping, sharing and then forgetting about life’s little moments has massive appeal for kids. And for the most part, that’s what they use Snapchat for. The app has a lighthearted design, and its photo filters and effects tend toward rainbows and flower crowns.
But other features pose some risks: Snap Map lets friends see each other’s location on a map, which isn’t always safe; Snapstreaks requires kids to exchange messages for as long as possible, which is a major time-suck; and Discover offers some age-inappropriate content. With your guidance on privacy, safety, social media pressure and marketing, though, Snapchat can be a fun way for teens to connect. So learn how to add your friends on your Snapchat account with these steps below.
Steps To Add Friends On Snapchat
- Now after you Sign Up for SnapChat, use the your email address and password for your SnapChat Sign In.
- When you are done creating an account and signed in, click the emoji on top of the screen to view your profile page.
- Here you can see user’s that have added you, your Friends (users you have as friends) and where you can add users.
- To add a user, tap ‘Add Friends’, options will be displayed on how you wish to add them (Username, My Contacts, Snapcode, Nearby, Share Username).
- If you know a friend’s username choose ‘By Username’, type in your friend’s username to add them.
- Choose ‘Add from Address Book’ to scan your phone’s contact list to see those on Snapchat.
- Once done, a list of available users will be displayed for you to add them.
- To add by Snapcode lets you add a user by scanning a picture in your phone’s photo gallery. Your profile picture your Snapcode.
- Add nearby’ scans for users within your present location who are also on the ‘Add nearby’ screen on their Snapchat app.
Was this Helpful? Comment Below. Please Do well to share with friends. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.