Ymail is an optional domain name for a Yahoo account. On signing up to Yahoo email services, users can choose between a ‘yahoo.com’ suffix or ‘ymail,com’ email suffix. For example, users can opt between having a email like CBR@yahoo.com or an email like CBR@ymail.com. The domain Ymail was launched in 2008, 11 years after Yahoo mail was launched.
The ymail.com domain was launched alongside rocketmail.com, with the two domains released to entice new users to the email service. The two new domains were designed to appeal to users’ need of finding the best possible email address for them, a fact made harder due to the popularity of Yahoo email services.
Boasting hundreds of millions of email users, many were having to add number sequences or create complex emails due to the more simple addresses being already taken. The introduction of ymail wanted to make more simple addresses available to new and existing customer. “We want users to get the exact e-mail account they want so they stay with us for life,” said John Kremer, vice president of Yahoo Mail.
How To Register For Ymail Account
- Open your Internet browser, and go to the Yahoo! Mail page.
- Click on the button labeled “Create New Account.”
- Enter your personal information on the account setup page.
- In the appropriate fields, enter your name, gender in the drop down menu, birthday, country and postal code.
- Type your new Ymail ID and password in the designated boxes. Y
- ahoo will offer you a few suggestions for your new ID, if you do not want any from the suggestions list, then create your own.
- In the drop down menu for the email extension, choose “ymail.com.”
- Click the “check” button to verify that your chosen ID is not currently in use.
- Type a password of your choosing in the password field.
- Enter an alternate email address to receive communications from Yahoo in the event that you forget your ID and password.
- This is optional, but can be helpful if you lose or forget your password and/or Ymail ID.
- Choose 2 secret questions from the drop down menus and type answers to each question. These are for security purposes only.
- Type the visual code you see in the large box below your secret questions. This is done simply to verify that you are a real person. The code is not case sensitive, so lower case letters will work. If you have a problem reading the code you can click the small blue link below the window that says “Try a new code” until you get a code that you can read more easily. You can also click on “Audio code” and it will be spoken out loud for you to type in the appropriate field.
- Click on the large yellow button called “Create Your Account.”
- The next page will congratulate you for creating a new Ymail account and will also show you your account details.
- Click on the yellow “Continue” button to start using your new Ymail account.
Do you have anything to add to this article? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.